As a Campaign Assistant with Rocky Mountain Wild...
- Executive Writer and Producer of the Wild I-70 Audio Tour (click on bolded text)
- Curate the annual Wild and Scenic Film Festival on tour. Film selection, contract negotiation, manage relationships with vendors and theatre, media acquisition, volunteer organization, performed as emcee, conduct a Citizens Action Hub (a coalition of NGOS), maintain successful relationships with Wild and Scenic headquarters in Nevada City, CA, local sponsors, filmmakers, and production companies (2017, 2018).
- Facilitate media and communications relationships with entities such as TedX Mile High, Colorado Public Radio, 5280 Magazine, Westword alt weekely, etc.
- Create and manage events in partnership with Ted X, Patagonia Denver, the Denver Art Museum, PBS Denver, MSU Denver and University of Denver, etc.
- Other special events include Endangered Species Week and Bites and Brews for Biodiversity, an annual fundraiser, as well as reaching out to consistent donors for Colorado Gives Day
- Run the 100 Women for the Wild program, reducing gender bias in STEM through educational opportunities, paid internships, networking events, and citizen science opportunities
- RMW representative on the Colorado Legislative Conservation Scorecard committee
- Conferences include: Colorado Parks and Wildlife Partners in the Outdoors, Southern Rockies Conservation Alliance
- Grassroots activism and outreach via the occasional op-ed (click on bolded text)
- Selected as one of 16 international trail team members to work with the Environment Agency of Iceland (Umhverfisstofnun) in the Conservation department (May - Sept. 2016). Lived out of tent for duration of term. Returned as trail team leader in 2017, invited to return in 2018. Worked with park rangers, Environment Agency staff, and other trail team members in an often unforgiving climate.
- Wrote and produced three short films, one of which was in partnership with Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation - it debuted on the National Geographic Explorer's Blog.
On Behalf of Denver-based conservation NGO Rocky Mountain Wild
- Funded for Oil & Gas Toolkit for Grassroot Activists (Patagonia, $8,000 - 2018)
- Funded for Wild I70 Audio Tour (Harris Foundation, $5,000 - 2017)
- Funded for 100 Women for the Wild Programming (Colorado Parks and Wildlife, $2,500 - 2017)
On Behalf of Metropolitan State College of Denver Biology Department
- Funded for travel expenses to attend and present at American Society of Microbiology Conference in Boston, MA (MSU Denver, $1,000 - 2014)
- Funded for microbiology lab for research on soil microbes (MSU Denver, $1,000 - 2014)
- 1 year under the direction of a microbiology PA studying the nitrification potentials of soil microbes on a sustainable green roof. Performed Quantitative Polymerase Chain Reaction analysis, developed materials and methods, presented research at student research conference at MSU Denver. (2013-2014)
Naturalist , Teaching & Guiding Experience
- Science teacher in Gangnum Gu, Seoul, South Korea at English speaking academy for children ages 5-13. Administered tests, created lesson plans and experiments, ate lots of amazing kimchi (2016)
- Gastineau Guiding science guide in Juneau, Alaska. Led hikes as well as whale watching tours with a citizen science aspect. Lectured on ecology, glaciology, climate change, etc. Certified Alaskan Interpretative Guide and Coast Guard safety certified (2015)
- Bluff Lake Nature Center - taught children aged 5-10 water cycles, life cycles, and other lessons to fulfill Denver Public Schools science standards (2013-2015)